ABOUT EUGENE J. GREEN JR.
NATIONWIDE REAL ESTATE CORPORATION
New Orleans, Louisiana
Family-owned business. Manage units and list properties for sale. Investment wing has rehabilitated properties for introduction to the market. The firm is well marketed, provides an excellent and very professional service, and works with a diversity of clients.
CHIEF OF STAFF
LOUISIANA SECOND CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT OFFICE,
New Orleans, Louisiana
Research issues and work with Congressman (LA-02) and staff on legislative solutions. Work with staff as needed to assist them with research and with the development of legislation. Represent the Congressman at activities and events. Maintain communication with especially local elected officials, and maintain awareness of activities of organizations, especially with respect to the rebuilding of New Orleans.
NEW ORLEANS REGIONAL BUSINESS PARK
New Orleans, Louisiana
Presided over the operations of the largest designated industrial district in the United States. This district includes 87 businesses, which generate billions of dollars in sales and employ thousands of citizens of the New Orleans region. Attracted twenty-six new businesses to the Park. Created a business assistance center following Hurricane Katrina, built 115HVA electrical substation, attracted hundreds of millions of dollars of new private investment.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE MAYOR
MAYOR’S DIVISION OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
New Orleans, Louisiana
Leader of Division which included eleven offices, thirty-one full-time staff members, and contract personnel. The Division managed tax incentives, loan programs, and many other resources which foster business development in the City of New Orleans. The Division also serves as a liaison to the private sector, assisting firms in the securing of the required permits, licenses, and resources that can assist them in doing business. During my tenure, the Division’s profile was raised in the business community. The Division successfully facilitated the development of major projects in the City inclusive of Jazzland Theme Park, the American Can Apartments, the Ritz Carlton Hotel, the Third Phase of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, and the New Orleans Sports Arena.
Office of Small and Emerging Business Development
MAYOR’S DIVISION OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT New Orleans, Louisiana
The Office serves as the Mayor’s liaison to the small business owner community. During my term as leader of the office, I developed an excellent database of minority and women-owned businesses. This database was later developed into both a printed directory and a mailing list and was made available to citizens and business owners upon request. The office also conducted a regular seminar series in which the office provided small business owners with information on opportunities to do business with various governmental agencies and private sector firms.
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Bachelor of Arts Degree (B.A.) in Economics
ST. AUGUSTINE HIGH SCHOOL
Elected Joe Biden Delegate, Democratic National Convention
Member, Board of Commissioners, New Orleans City Planning Commission.
The nine-member CPC Board provides analysis and recommendations on matters involving the present and future development of the City of New Orleans. cpcnola.com.
Elected Member, Orleans Parish Democratic Executive Committee.
Fmr Chairman, Fmr Vice Chairman, Fmr Member, the Good Work Network Board of Directors.
Agency provides services to business owners and entrepreneurs to help them improve their skills, realize their full potential, and become active participants in the local economy. Through its programs and services, Good Work Network works to expand the local economy by building minority and women-owned businesses. www.goodworknetwork.org.
Fmr Member, Fmr Chairman, Commercial Real Estate Committee, Non-Flood Protection Asset Management Authority.
The Authority manages public assets in the Lake Pontchartrain area inclusive of two marinas, a harbor, the Lakefront Airport, recreational assets, and commercial buildings. Initiated projects that have resulted in millions of dollars of new investments. www.nfpama.com.
Member, Board of Directors, Industrial Development Board (IDB) of the City of New Orleans.
The IDB Board stimulates economic development in New Orleans through the issuance of tax-exempt bonds and providing other incentives, as allowed by Louisiana law. www.idbcno.com.
Member, Executive Board, Southeast Louisiana (SELA) Council, Boy Scouts of America.
Fmr Vice Chairman, Fleur de Lis District,
Fmr Chairman, Fleur de Lis District,
Fmr Member, Membership Committee,
Fmr Chairman, Advancement Committee, Troop 150,
The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation’s largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations. I worked successfully to assist in the rebuilding of Scouting on a local level following the devastation and population losses caused by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. bsa-selacouncil.org.
Chairman, Member, Board of Directors, New Orleans Council On Aging,
The Council On Aging provides a range of health and wellness and social services to New Orleans citizens who are over the age of 65. www.nocoa.org.
Fmr Chairman, Board of Directors, Emma B. Bromon Liberty House, Inc.
Liberty House operates a transitional living program for young women who are homeless with children. Liberty House operates a two-year program designed to provide holistic wellness and family safety.
Editor: The Green Business Report.
Monthly business support journal. Edited in partnership with my son, Eugene B.M. Green. The Report includes listings of business assistance entities, favorable business news, and articles of general interest. www.thegreenbusinessreport.com.
Member, Board of Directors, Gulf Coast Social Services.
Agency provides social services that are designed to empower people with mental, physical, behavioral, and other challenges to improve the quality of their lives and to live as independently as possible in the community. www.gctfs.org.
Contributing writer, The New Orleans Tribune (www.neworleanstrubune.com).
I publish an entrepreneurs and business management assistance column – Your Business In The Green – published online at www.neworleanstribune.com.
- St. Augustine High School. Fmr Member, President’s Lunch Club
- St. Augustine High School. Captain, 35th Reunion Class of 1976
- St. Augustine High School Alumni Association, Fmr Member of the Advisory Committee
- Gulf Coast JustBasketball team. Assistant Coach, Age 17 and under summer league
- Lakeview Boosters, Fmr Head Coach, Baseball
- Carrollton Boosters, Fmr Basketball Head Coach, League Championship, 2012
- Life Member, Sigma Lambda Chapter, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Fmr Member: Alpha’s National Housing Search Committee
- Orleans Parish School Board, Fmr Member, (Appointed)
- Marion Central Middle School, Fmr Member, Board of Directors
- National Urban League/Women’s Business Resource Center, Fmr Member, Board of Directors
- Volunteers of America of Greater New Orleans. Fmr Member. Board of Directors
- Orleans Levee District Board of Commissioners. Fmr Member
- Newcorp Business Assistance Center. Founding Member, Fmr Board of Directors
- St. Marks Community Center. Fmr Member, Board of Directors
- Greater New Orleans Multi-Cultural Tourism Network. Fmr Member, Board of Directors
- Lakeland Medical Center. Fmr Member. Board of Directors
- Xavier Triangle Neighborhood Development Corporation. Fmr Member, Initial Board of Directors
- Fmr Host: Eye On Enterprise Cable Access Television Show
- Fmr Chairman, Summerfest Festival, Bethany United Methodist Church, Pontchartrain Park
- Fmr Member Construction Review Committee, New Orleans Sewerage, and Water Board
- Advisory Committee, New Orleans East Economic Development Foundation
- Edward A. Kennedy, Jr. Choir, Bethany United Methodist Church. Fmr Director
- Co-Founder, Fmr Coach: Greater New Orleans Youth Soccer League
- Fmr Member Advisory Committee, Friends of the New Orleans Recreation Department
DONATE TO THE EUGENE GREEN CAMPAIGN
Thank you for making a contribution to our campaign. We are counting on individual donations like yours to help us elect Eugene J. Green Jr. as our next City Council Member for District D.
Don’t let this be your only contribution, please come back as often as you can and donate a little more and help elect Eugene J. Green Jr. as our next City Council Member for District D.
- I am at least eighteen years old.
- This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
- I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
- Maximum donation for this campaign is $2,500.
Your contribution will benefit
The Eugene Green Campaign.